Tuesday, December 8, 2009

RIP Boo... you are missed..

Boo, our pomeranian that was 14 years old, had to be put down November 30. He was in kidney failure. Apparently he had been sick for a while, but we really didn't notice it. He appeared to be getting frail, but we attributed it to his age. He has always been healthy and has rarely been to the vet for anything other than routine exams. But, when he finally appeared sick, the end was near. It is our understanding we could not have done anything to help him, or save him, even if we had realized something was wrong and taken him to the vet. We discussed at great length what needed to be done, and in the end, he let us know it was his time.

We had him cremated and have ordered a box with his name on it as his final resting place. We don't have any place to bury him, so we decided to just bring him back home. Hopefully he will be back by the end of this week.

I have cried many, many tears over the loss of this animal. There is a huge hole in my heart right now. I look for him every time I walk in the door. I miss his barking at "Are Not," our neighbor's dog. I miss him running after his ball in the front yard. I miss him begging for a treat. I miss everything about him.

I love you Boo..

No comments:

Post a Comment