Monday, December 13, 2010

A lot of randomness....

Things happening in my hood....

* My house has now been decorated for Christmas for FOUR weeks, and although I am enjoying it, I am also having to pretend to ignore the large amounts of dust that seem to accumulate on, around and under all the decorations.

* We had a great Thanksgiving weekend! My mom cooked a HUGE lunch, and that was the only meal I ate that day...

* I did not go shopping on Black Friday.. No way, no how was I getting out in that drama.. Hubby and I did go out for lunch, and watched a little football, but we mostly stayed home.

* My deck WAS NOT FINISHED until 3:00 on December 3! After telling the contractor I needed it done by noon on that date because my mother, sister-in-law and niece were coming for the weekend to celebrate my mother's birthday, he finally left at 3... I spent the next two hours cleaning everything so it would at least be presentable when they arrived. I was stressed BECAUSE I HATE MESSES!

* Instead of going out to eat for my mom's birthday, we stayed at my house, grilled chicken, and had a few adult beverages and then watched movies. I thought it was a good time.

* I am done with my Christmas shopping. COMPLETELY DONE and I will not be tempted to buy the grand kids anything else. I will stay out of the stores, and delete all emails associated with toys... :)

* Took the grands to see the play, The Christmas Carol, and it was awesome. Benton thoroughly enjoyed it. Bailey packed a backpack full of snacks and had a picnic at intermission. It was pretty dang funny.

* Bailey decided it was her turn to spend the night with G ALONE, and told Benton Friday night that he had to go home with mama because it was her turn to stay with G. And she did. And she slept until 8:30 which is VERY late for her. We went to the grocery store, bought things we didn't really need, met her mom and a friend for lunch, and then she said her turn was not over. We went and bought her two pairs of boots, and then went back to my house, per her request. We had the best time!

* It is very cold here... The wind chill was in the low teens this morning. Too bad it was not snowing, because it would have definitely been a snow day.

* I rescued a kitten from the dumpster behind our office this morning. He would have died in there. I had to actually climb down into the dumpster to get him. Thankfully there was only one bag of trash in there. I was prepared to throw a blanket over him and scoop him up, but he crawled into the trash bag and I was able to get it out, empty the contents and he came out and ran off. He was wild and I knew that, but I couldn't let him die in there. I need to make sure I put plenty of food out in the future so he doesn't have to dumpster dive to eat.

* Santa is coming to my next Monday.. All the way from Dothan, Alabama. He is the best Santa ever.. He is the "real" Santa....

* And, FINALLY, how about them Saints!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment