Monday, July 2, 2012

Some people....

I ran to Old Navy at lunch today to purchase my annual t-shirt for the neighborhood 4th of July parade, and I didn't get in and out as quickly as I anticipated. There were not a lot of people in there so I thought I would be done in about 10 minutes... until I got up to the register. There were two cashiers and I was 1 of 2 people waiting in line. One lady had selected a LOT of items off the clearance rack and she was having the cashier do a price check on each item before she approved the purchase. And she probably had 40 or 50 articles of clothing. That was beyond RIDICULOUS! Then the other lady had opted to fill out a credit card application to get an additional 10 percent off her purchase. She didn't have many items, but filling out the application was a slow process. The cashier was apparently inexperienced in filling out applications on the computer, and the customer was slow providing the necessary information to complete the application. After FIFTEEN MINUTES, he informed her the application was declined. She did not seem even remotely surprised by this, and wanted to know if she could still got the 10 percent discount. He told her the application had to be accepted before that could happen. She told him that is not what the sign said. She said it simply said to fill out the application and you would get the discount. REALLY???!!

No comments:

Post a Comment