Friday, September 25, 2009

Book Fair..


BT's school had a Book Fair for his school at Barnes & Nobles last night. He was definitely excited about going. When Man picked him up at daycare yesterday, he asked BT if he wanted to go eat pizza.. BT declined because he was concerned he would be late for the Book Fair. He is definitely related to me. I am never late to any event, and have a very low tolerance of people who are chronically late. Another story for another day. Anyway, BT and BK had grilled cheese sandwiches at my house, and then we headed to Barnes & Nobles. Grilled cheese was the only thing BT thought I had time to prepare prior to the Book Fair. HE DID NOT WANT TO BE LATE! We were 30 minutes early, but BT wanted to have time to look at EVERY SINGLE BOOK in the children's section. I think he succeeded. I had taken him to the book store this past weekend, per his request, and he loved it. The Saints were playing, but I said "what the heck," we can't be gone that long. We were gone for over an hour. Thank goodness for DVR!!! He picked out 4 books for himself and 2 for his sister. His mission last night was to get the one book he did not get this past weekend. It was a book on the anatomy of a frog. He loved it, but wouldn't get it over the weekend because he thought it was too expensive. But, apparently four days later, on Thursday, the price of the book was just right. I now know stuff about a frog's anatomy I didn't learn in 10th grade biology.
BT sat next to one of his friends while listening to the principle of his school read Curious George. When Mrs. Jones asked questions, I could hear him answer the questions over the other 40 or so children present for the reading. Once the reading was over, we picked out a book from his teacher's wish list, purchased it and donated it in his name to the school this morning. He loved the idea that he (G) was buying a book and giving it to the school. We did have to read the book last night prior to going to bed, since BT said I needed to know what it was about prior to donating it to the school. So, today, it is a slightly used book, but I can honestly say I did not lick my fingers when the turning the pages, but BK was eating grapes and BT was eating cheese as I was reading and they might have touched it, once or twice.

BK loves her brother.. can you tell? Either that, or she wanted to let that other little girl know she shouldn't mess with her "brudder"...

No comments:

Post a Comment