Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Babysitting...

I stayed with the grands last night while Daughter went to class. We went to Wendy's and got each a kid meal (not because they were hungry but because they wanted to see what the toy was this week), and then went home and ordered pizza a/k/a cheese sticks, cut in rectangles, from Papa John's, because everyone knows rectangle cheese sticks taste much better triangle cheese sticks. You really have no idea.. We played with birthday presents that had not even been opened yet, read books, watched too much Sponge Bob for me, and FINALLY, they realized they were bored and needed something else to do. Benton went to his room, dug through the mountain of un-used and some un-opened toys, and came back with a $5.00 lantern I had purchased for him at WalMart last year. He asked me to replace the batteries, and I did and it worked.. Bailey disappeared, went to her room, and came back with a similar lantern I had purchased for her, asked me to change the batteries, which i did, and it worked too. The biggest miracle in all of this is that Daughter had batteries to accommodate their needs. They wanted to know where they could go to use the lanterns, that was dark, and I suggested they put their coats on and go into the garage.. They did and believe it or not, they were amused for quite some time, or until their toes got numb from the cold. Then they came in, got baths, put on PJs, and played in the dark laundry room until almost bedtime.. And, I got to watch something on TV other than a walking, screaming, very annoying sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment