Wednesday, January 20, 2010

There may be some hope after all!

Yesterday after leaving work I went to Daughter's house instead of them coming to my house. The weather was nice and she wanted the kids to play outside in their own backyard for a change. When I got there, they were all outside playing. BK was on the trampoline and BT was throwing the frisbee with his mother (or as much as anyone can throw a frisbee with someone who is obsessed with her phone).. But, I won't get off on that soapbox right now. So, when BT realized I was there, he knew he would have all of my attention because I am all about talking to the people I am with... I know, I know...it is hard to get off that soapbox.. Anyway, we started throwing the frisbee and he was doing a great job of chasing down the frisbee and catching it. I commented on it several times and told him he might need to reconsider playing baseball since he was so good at catching the frisbee. Out of the clear blue sky, he ran and got his baseball and we started throwing it and catching it with our bare hands. He was catching almost everything I threw to him. And, he throws really well for an almost six year old. He is very accurate. Then, out of the clear blue sky, again, he ran and got his bat and asked me to pitch to him. (I am almost beside myself at this point). I pitched and he knocked the crap out of the ball.... HITTING LEFT HANDED.. I mentioned something about him throwing right handed and hitting left handed, and he said... THAT IS HOW I LIKE TO HIT AND THROW!!! He said he LIKED something related to sports!!!! As any good G would do, or say, I told him all the coaches would love to have him on his team and I swear he stood up a little taller when I told him that. Then Daughter walked out and saw what was going on and told him she had gotten an email from the coach yesterday about playing ball. Usually he runs in the other direction when baseball is mentioned, or very adamantly reminds us THAT HE QUIT last year BECAUSE HE DOES NOT LIKE SPORTS!!!! I am telling you those are some sad words for me to hear. BUT, he seems really interested this year, and wants to practice again, with me pitching. We stayed outside until it was too dark to see the ball anymore. And, when he went inside to eat his dinner, he was still talking about it..

There may be some hope after all.... a G can hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment