Monday, September 13, 2010

Family Reunion

We had our annual family reunion this past weekend (mom's side of the family) and we had a great time. There were about 70 people there, and we were about 40 short. Even though my awesome cousins Nikki and her mom, Bobby, gave everyone plenty of notice, some of this particular bunch just choose not to come, and I cannot imagine why not. I love these events. I especially love it that we now have them at a State Park near my hometown, and this eliminates a lot of the work in trying to get someone's home ready. They kept the food simple, i.e, BBQ chicken, potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, green beans and bread. Each family brought a dessert to share and drinks for their family, and it worked out great. There was very little food left over and that meant very little was wasted.

My mom's 3 oldest sisters were there, and they are 80, 82 and 84... I think. I know my grandmother had 12 children and they were all pretty much 2 years apart. That means she was pregnant off and on for TWENTY FIVE YEARS!!!! Actually, I think she had a couple of miscarriages along the way and was possibly pregnant even longer. Can you imagine!!!!!? I had one and that was PLENTY!

Even though 2 siblings didn't show up for unacceptable reasons, my mom included, and two have died, everyone had a great time, and it was really great to see everyone. Even though the oldest person there was 84, the youngest was a toddler. One thing about those Sanders' offspring, they do continue to reproduce at alarming rates, and we get to meet someone new every. single. year. Can't wait until next year!!!

And, on an even happier note, Daughter and I got in a little shopping for LSU attire before the reunion, and felt like we had won the lottery with all that we found!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment