Thursday, April 15, 2010

Moving....

Moving sucks... I didn't realize just how much stuff we owned, until I started the packing process. I have been packing for 4 weeks now, and although I thought I was just about done, I realized last night just how far from done I am. I made some headway last night, but there is still so much more to be done, and I am doing it mostly by myself. Hubby is no help. He has packed three boxes. Yep, three boxes. Two of those were his guns, which all reside in gun cases. The third box, he packed last night, consisted of various motorcycle apparel, and other useless stuff that he had forgotten about BECAUSE HE NEVER USES IT, but yet he refuses to part with it. And, when it was time to close the box and tape it shut, he NEEDED MY HELP!! All I could do was laugh. I have packed over 100 boxes of stuff in the past 4 weeks and not once have I needed any assistance to tape the box shut. When I told him this, he disputed the fact that I have packed over 100 boxes already. That was his only defense. I asked him if he would like for me to stop helping him tape his box of stuff shut, and start counting the boxes I have packed. He declined.

Next week will be a killer, but I am getting excited about the move. This house has more room, and the most exciting part of the house is the kitchen. It is a lot more people friendly than my current house and I am really looking forward to having people over. My current house has a huge deck out back that I absolutely love and it will be hard to give it up. But, my new house has a large covered porch out back with ceiling fans and a beautiful back yard that backs up to the Natchez Trace. I will be able to sit out back, even it if is raining.

Two weeks from today, the movers will be unloading my stuff at a new address. Another new beginning. One that I am excited about.

1 comment: