Monday, May 24, 2010

At some point in time...

I will have to take a break from the new home and stop working so hard every single minute I am there, and just simply enjoy being there. I think I might be obsessed with keeping it perfect ALL THE TIME, and it is wearing me out.. I am sure with time, this will pass, but for now, I am constantly mopping, dusting, straightening, etc. I did actually sit on the back porch for a little while yesterday morning and watch the birds eat all the bird seed I have been steadily plying them with since we moved in. But, even that was short lived because I needed to water all the plants I planted and go to the grocery store since my husband expects to eat a couple of times a day on weekends, and it is MY job to make sure he gets fed well.

I actually thought I was going to have a couple of guests late yesterday afternoon, but when it got close to dark-thirty, I assumed it was not happening. Shortly thereafter, I received a text confirming it wasn't going to happen.. All I can say is, things might not be so tidy next time!

I did order custom window treatments for my bedroom on Saturday. That was a first for me. We usually don't have "window treatments" in our house, and if we do, they are called "curtains" and they are purchased "ready made" from places like Target and Bed, Bath & Beyond, and do not costs as much as a week long trip to the beach, but we splurged this one time and I think it will be worth it. I plan to put "curtains" in several rooms, but I will either make them myself, or buy something I like that is ready made and make any adjustments to them that I think are necessary.. I did buy curtains from Pier One for the downstairs guestroom, and added a piece of contrasting fabric to the bottom and they look fantastic. It took about three hours to measure, cut, sew, iron, install rods and hang, but it was well worth it. They look fantastic!

I also finally got the remainder of my clothes moved from the guest room, where our old bedroom furniture is now located, to the chest in the master bedroom. I also mopped, dusted and vacuumed inside, and rearranged the back porch to make it more user friendly. We hung a TV on the back porch, so I had to rearrange some of the furniture around the TV. The grandkids will be delighted when they realize they can play outside and watch Spongebob!!!

Now I am back at work.. and resting.. at least for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment