Thursday, May 13, 2010

What's been going on at G's House...

I will number what has been going on at G's House...

1. We have moved! And .... every single box has been unpacked!! Everything is in its place, at least for now. Pictures are hung, kitchen is organized (thanks to my Mother-in-law who is OCD about organizing stuff), garage is emptier than it has ever been at any house we have lived in, attic is organized, storage room is organized, plants have been planted, and everything works!

2. Two weeks ago today, the movers were delivering our furniture to our new house, along with a couple of furniture store deliveries. Everything went smoothly, even though it was a lot of hard work.. A LOT OF HARD WORK!!!

3. Here we are two weeks later, and I can actually sit and watch TV if I want too. I don't, but I can. I personally prefer to sit out on the back porch, or front porch and listen to the birds, while sipping on an adult beverage.

4. I have been digging up rose bushes, which I don't like dealing with, and planting new stuff in their place. Digging up rose bushes sucks. I was attacked by a couple of them, and they did leave a few marks, but I won in the end. They are now laying by the street waiting on the garbage men.

5. I had my family and mother-in-law over for Mother's Day, which was 10 days after I moved in, and I think it went well. I did all the cooking, except for a really good dessert prepared by my sister-in-law. But, I kept the meal easy.. Tenderloin on the grill, Paula Dean's Wild Rice and Shrimp Casserole, corn on the cob, salad, french bread and carrot cake. Good stuff, even if I do say so myself.

6. And then, when my family left, I took a nap.. a much needed nap. The first nap in a long, long time. It wasn't a long nap, but it did the job.

7. Yesterday I went and got a much needed pedicure and manicure. It was good stuff. Ms. Judy gives an awesome pedicure.

8. I haven't seen my grandchildren since Sunday. I am having huge withdrawals. I may keep them all weekend long!!! Night and Day...

9. A company my firm deals with gave me two tickets to see the Mississippi Braves on Sunday, and I had already planned to take the grandkids to that game, and now I have two free tickets! WooHoo!!

10. I am having a cookout Friday night for my niece who just graduated from nursing school!! Congratulations Lene!

11. I ordered Brownies by David from HSN and they have arrived!!! They are to die for!!!

12. I also ordered a Carribean Chiller from HSN and it has arrived!!! Pina Coladas are in my future!

12. I bought three REALLY CUTE t-shirts at The Loft at lunch for less than $30.00.. They were regularly 29.99 each and 34.99 each.. Woohoo! They can be dressed up or down.

And that, is what is going on with me these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment