Monday, July 12, 2010

Friends...

I had lunch with a friend I used to work with the other day. She is very nice, but she never stops talking. AND I MEAN NEVER... When we worked together, she used to prop herself up on the door facing to my office, and I would literally have to leave my office to make her stop talking and go back to her own office. We have not worked together for almost two years now, but stay in touch through emails and ocassional lunches. We had not had lunch in a few months, but it worked out where we could have lunch this past week. She walked in the door talking about some procedure her father-in-law was having that day, and she never took a breath. She jumped from that to going camping, to her stepdaughter looking for a job, to someone in her office only working 3 days a week. Not one single time did she ever ask about me or my family, or anything going on in my life. NOT.ONE.SINGLE.QUESTION. I finished my food and drank two beers and she was still working on the other half of the one taco she ordered for lunch. She couldn't eat for talking. As I was paying for lunch, she finally said she wanted to come see my new house, and asked for directions. Then she proceeded to change the subject and start telling me about people she knew in my neighborhood, which ultimately led back to some story about her own house and possible warranty issues. I finally told her I was going in the store next to the restaurant so I would not have to walk to the parking lot with her and continue to listen to her ramblings. Am I the only one who thinks is it odd to never talk about anything other than what is going on in your own life for one solid hour??

No comments:

Post a Comment