Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Long weekend...

The grandkids were gone with their dad this weekend, so the weekend was relatively quiet.. My days were spent...

Friday after work... hanging out with my daughter and one of her friends.

Saturday morning.. Early morning bike ride with my daughter. I was a little slower than her because of the difference in the bike styles, but I was able to hang regardless. We rode 8 miles, which I thought was dang good. I like to ride and look at the scenery.. She likes to ride to burn calories. I think I am able to do both.

When we got back from bike ride, I cleaned my house.. It needed it..

Saturday afternoon.. early dinner with hubby at Philip's.. Best fried shrimp anywhere around these parts. And the view of the Reservoir is not bad either.

Saturday night.. sitting on the backporch with the dogs, listening to the frogs and crickets..

Sunday morning.. early morning bike ride with the hubby.. Couldn't stay gone as long because I needed to get home and get started on the ribs for an early afternoon BBQ with hubby's family. My family usually thinks it is too far to drive to come to my house and rarely do. I cooked Paul Dean's ribs, two tenderloins, baked potatoes, green salad, fresh peas, fresh corn on the cob, garlic bread ...and for dessert.. berries with homemade cream.. it WAS TO DIE FOR!!!

Sunday night we watched The Time Traveler's Wife. It was good, but I thought it was sad.

Monday.. Hubby and I were off work and went on another bike ride. I made it 10.7 miles. The .7 was really hard. I was tired. But I made it. We then got dressed and did a little shopping and had lunch at Mugshots.. They have been voted as having the best burger in Mississippi 4 years in a row. I didn't get one because it is way too big for me and I had no one to share one with, but it looked really good. Hubby got the BBQ pulled pork sandwich and the little taste I had was VERY good. I had a grilled chicken ceasar salad and it was good too. And the beer was very cold, which is a must!

And today, it is back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment