Friday, July 24, 2009

My birthday....

My birthday was yesterday..Some people might say it was one of "the big ones".. It was really just another day. Until my husband, who doesn't talk much and rarely plans anything, along with Daughter, put together a surprise party for me!!! I was totally surprised. Husband had already requested that he and I go to dinner alone. I was a little distressed about this since I had already told Daughter we were just going to hang out at my house and I would grill something. I thoroughly enjoy doing this and I was happy to do it. A couple of days later, when she asked me if we were still doing this I told her we were not because Husband wanted to take me to dinner. Her response was "Well tell him thx for including us :)" I felt really bad and told her we would go to dinner early (which is not unusual for us) and get back early and then they could come over. She was good with that. Well, when I got home yesterday from work, Husband had just cut the grass and had not had a shower. I was little distressed since I knew Daughter wanted to come over with grandkids. Without being pushy (and while I was drinking a beer - Husband doesn't drink), I got him to go ahead with his shower and he was dragging his feet. He FINALLY finished getting dressed and we were walking out the door and he told me he had to go to the bathroom!!!! And, he took his phone with him, which I thought was a little strange. So, I opened a beer (actually I had already started on my second beer and I proceeded to finish it) and waited, and waited and he finally appeared again. When we are walking out the door he tells me where we are going to eat and that he wants to run by the appliance store and check on a griddle for the new stove. I am about to come come unglued! I tell him I will take care of that later, and he says it is on the way and he wants to ask the salesman a couple of questions. So, we get in the store, he starts looking at all kinds of stuff, being extremely talkative and asking questions about things we have no use for and I am trying not to get mad on my birthday! We FINALLY get in the truck and head to the restaurant and get stuck in traffic. He is constantly checking his phone, which is strange because he is not one of those people who obsesses over his phone. We FINALLY get to the restaurant and we (I) am talking away about some mundane thing and then I attempt to speak to the bartender when I hear "SURPRISE, SURPRISE, I WANT SOME GUM G"... (although BK was glad to see me, she just wanted some gum) Daughter, grandkids, mother-in-law and friends were already there and had a cake and gifts, etc. I was SHOCKED!!!! Husband was very proud of himself for pulling this off. Daughter helped with it as well, and she never even hinted that anything was going on, and even acted offended that she didn't get invited to dinner with us.

It was a wonderful surprise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment