Thursday, October 7, 2010

Things I did not get done yesterday...

One of the attorneys in our firm is building a MEGA bucks house. The other secretary in our office is a part time very good interior decorator and she is decorating the mega bucks house. Therefore, she makes appointments for various house decorating ventures during office hours and then tells me about them, and I am expected to work my lunch schedule around her decorating ventures. Fair? Not really, but I have a good job and great bosses and can't really complain. Could she be more considerate?? Yes, but that is not her style. And, after nine years, I am accustomed. Anyone else would probably get really upset about it, but I have learned it does no good, so I just go with the flow and realize this too shall pass... So, I did not get to do all that I intended on my lunch HOUR yesterday. I did not get: 1) tanning spray for my upcoming TV appearance; 2) car tag; and 3) inspection sticker that is TOTALLY UNNECESSARY in my humble opinion.

So, those three things have been moved to my list of things to do today, and just maybe I will get them done then, along with ten new things I have on a list for today. I run errands almost every day at lunch so I don't have to run errands after work. I go to WalMart between 6:15 and 6:30 in the morning, before I come to work, so I don't have to fight the crowd in the afternoons, and so I can pick the kids up whenever I want. I can't let anything interfere with that pleasure!

The MEGA bucks house will be finished in the next few weeks, and hopefully things will return to "normal." Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment