Friday, August 14, 2009

Sniff, sniff...

BT spent the night with me last night. He wanted me to take him to school this morning. We hung out last night, watched Big Brother, and then watched Santa Clause 3 for the 74th time in BT's lifetime. He loves it. He didn't go to sleep until almost 10. Way past my bedtime for sure. But, he woke up on his own this morning about 6:15 and was ready for his second day of school. We got dressed and when I asked him what he wanted for breakfast, he said donut holes and apple juice. So, we headed to the the Donut Barn and got just that. We were a little early for school, so we made a practice run through the drop-off area since I wasn't sure where to go. 15 minutes later we came back, still about 8 minutes too early to drop him off, and parked and waited until the teachers came out to get them. He repeated the rules to me about dropping kids off. Say your good-byes and get your final hugs in before you get to the drop off area. We did that while waiting on the teachers to come out. When the teacher opened his door, he got his back pack with his lunch stored inside, told me he loved me, and jumped out of the truck and never looked back. I cried as I drove very slowly away from the school. I watched him look around like he was not sure exactly where to go, and then a teacher took his hand and they went inside. I am not ready for him to be a big boy yet. Sniff, sniff... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment