Monday, August 10, 2009

Was it necessary to do all the cleaning?

Last week was busy. I was supposed to be off today and tomorrow, and therefore, I was extra busy at work, and at home, in an effort to make sure my desk was clean before I left work Friday. On the homefront, I was busy cleaning.... some was necessary cleaning, some just because I am a compulsive cleaner at times. I cleaned light fixtures, windows, floors, moved some things around.. not furniture.. just lamps, pictures, and other things I have sitting around that cause me to have dust.. sometimes more often than I want too. It is kind of like getting something new when you move things around a bit. Or at least that is what I tell myself so I will stay out of T.J. Maxx and Marshall's.

I have an outdoor rug under my table on my deck. It was in desperate need of a good scrubbing after being out there for two years. Man wanted to know how I was going to accomplish this since it was his opinion it just needed to be replace. I think not. I told him I was going to clean it just like we used to clean my grandma's front porch when I was growing up. Pour some washing powder on it, wet it, and then get an old broom out and scrub it until it is clean. Rinse. And, that is exactly what I did. I laughed when I was doing it because it brought back memories of cleaning my grandma's front porch this exact same way, almost every Saturday morning. And for whatever strange reason, I enjoyed doing it.

And, just when I thought I had cleaned everything, I noticed a splatter of something red on the front of my white kitchen cabinets. On closer inspection, with my glasses on, there were other splatters in various places from the grandkids dropping things, or Man dropping things and it somehow making its way to the front of the cabinets. So, I cleaned the fronts of all the cabinets as well. When I finished with that chore, I took my glasses off because I didn't want to see anything else that needed to be done. And, I went and got a shower before I had time to change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment