Monday, August 17, 2009

"You be in BIG trouble mama."

A couple of weeks ago, Daughter and I were taking the kids to eat and in the process of getting everything ready to go, Daughter may have forgotten something. She started her car prior to our getting everyone in the car and buckled up in an attempt to keep our hineys from sizzling when they came in contact with the leather seats. It was the day the temp reached 105. BT, for some unknown reason, got in the car when Daughter started the car. I guess sweating is not one of his issues. I was in the house dealing with BK and some random issue she was having at the moment. When done, I walked outside to put her in the car, and Daughter was walking back toward the house. All of a sudden the car starting rolling forward, TOWARD MAN'S CAR that was parked in the garage!!! Thinking that I might be way stronger than I actually am, in spite of carrying a 3-year old around, often, I grabbed the door handle in an attempt to stop the car. Yes I did. I actually believed I had the ability to stop a car with one hand. I could not get the door open for some reason, since I was thinking I could jump in and save the day, IF I COULD GET THE DOOR OPEN. Might have been that I panicked since Daughter and Man are both beyond ANAL about their vehicles and all these visions of what would transpire if their vehicles actually touched, acccidentally or otherwise. Dealing with both of them would have simply been too much. Daughter finally realized what was happening, or she heard me scream really loud "YOUR CAR IS NOT IN PARK, YOUR CAR IS NOT IN PARK!" She came running and was able to open the door I had previously been unable to open, jump in and hit the brake. And, BT who was sitting in his car seat UNBUCKLED, never realized what was going on. And the car was rolling UP a hill... After we all calmed down, and the sweat had dried, we headed to the restaurant. BT, in listening to us talk about the catastrophic incident we had just avoided, finally realized what had happened and told his mama that Man would have grounded her if she had actually hit his car. He followed it up with "you know how Man is about his car mama." And, BK picked up on what was going on and said, "You be in BIG trouble mama if you hit Man's car."

No comments:

Post a Comment