Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Headin to a weddin....

Yep, in less than 48 hours, we will be loadin up BT and BK and driving 6.5 hours to the wedding of a long time friend's son in Alabama. Daughter used to babysit him and his two little sisters when we lived next door to them. That does NOT make me old. He is still a youngun! He may even be too young to be married yet! ID please!

We are excited about this trip to say the least. We have not seen the son in about six years, or at least my memory tells me it has been that long. Once upon a time I used to be the "friend" he and his sisters wanted to take to the beach for the weekend. They loved to play with me (or at least I thought they did - it could have just been all the junk food I took to the beach when I went - whatever works!), and I loved playing with them. We would put on floatation devices and go way out in the water and just float and talk. You would be surprised how chatty three children under 6 can be when they want their "older" friend to stay in the water with them. What great memories.

We will be staying with other long time friends (the lady friend is also the "wedding planner") while in the big "D". Daughter is beyond excited about this. Wedding Planner's husband used to be my boss. Their daughter is Daughter's childhood friend, and was one of the surprise visitors for Daughter's birthday weekend recently. They have not seen each other this much since high school. This time their own children will be in attendance. We can't wait for them to meet. Wedding Planner and Former Boss are being very generous in opening their home to 4 extra people on such a busy weekend, and we greatly appreciate it. Cold adult beverages may be involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment