Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekend... and still Shredding it!

Daughter and I are helping plan an engagement shower for one of her long time friends who is getting married in July. We worked on decorations for that Friday night and then went home to watch a movie with one of her friends. I fell asleep and they left. I am fun, fun, fun.... Truthfully, hot flashes are eating my lunch again. They wake me up about 2:30 AM and then I can't go back to sleep, which is why if I get still during the day or late evening, I promptly fall asleep. Yep, I am fun, fun, fun...

Saturday, we made our weekly trek to eat crawfish. It is unreal how much bigger the crawfish are now when compared to the first batch we had this spring. They were huge and good... There were about 10 of us partaking in this feast, and everyone left full.

Saturday night I went to eat with mother-in-law. More good food. Usually crawfish don't fill me up, and I can easily eat something later in the day, but that was not the case this time around. I barely touched my food and it was really delicious. Mother-in-law ended up taking my dinner, and some of her own home to enjoy again later. On the bright side, I was able to eat half of the piece of cheesecake we ordered.. DELICIOUS!!!! It was topped with fresh strawberries and caramel sauce.

Late Sunday, my niece surprised us by coming to spend some time with us. She and Daughter did their own thing Sunday night, but I got to spend some time with just her Monday morning and we had fun.. Did a little shopping for some things for her new apartment, and then we all spent the afternoon sitting on my deck, while I grilled ribs and tenderloins. I am becoming quite the "Bobby Flay" of the grill, if I do say so myself.. yep, I am. We then watched Bride Wars, which I had attempted to watch Friday night. It was a good movie.

Now I am back at work, and I can think of at least 10 things I could/should have done around the house this weekend, but didn't. I did do the Shred over the weekend and I can actually tell a difference in the places I had hoped to see a difference. That is a good thing because if I couldn't actually see improvement, I would stop doing it. And, I saw results very quickly. It is working!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment