Wednesday, May 27, 2009

T-Ball... He still doesn't want to play..


Yesterday afternoon Daughter picked the kids up from their new daycare and I met her at her house to spend some time with them. It had been 4 days since I had seen them, and I was having severe withdrawals.. Seriously! Because they started a new daycare, they needed new mats to nap on (although I am not sure these two EVER sleep during the day), and she needed to run a quick errand to find the mats so they would have them today.. So, I had their undivided attention for a brief period of time. We rode down the road in the Grave Digger (this picture is in the Ford F150, but you get the idea), until the popsicles were dripping faster than they could lick them, and then we headed back to the house to clean up the mess. They offered to let me lick them, but I declined.. BT and I played frisbee for a while, and then BK wanted to play with the t-ball stand. This t-ball stand is F-A-N-C-Y in that it has a battery and an arm that takes the ball out of the basket and holds it at just the right angle until you are ready to swing. BK totally missed the concept and took the balls out of the basket, layed them on the ground, pretended she was playing golf, and when she made contact with the ball, she cheered for herself (which was actually very funny). After a while, BT got tired of watching her do it "all wrong" (his words, not mine) and promptly started knocking the CRAP out of the ball. If I had had my poms-poms handy (don't ask why I have poms-poms), I would have done some FANCY cheer to let him know just how excited I was that he was playing ball, even if it was in the front yard, approximately 3 miles from the ballpark where he made his ONLY appearance in his uniform this year. Unfortunately, no poms-poms were close by and I had to settle for a "WOW" and a high-five. I really should have stopped right there, and said nothing else, but I just had to ask.. "BT do you want to go to your team's last game this Saturday and play one whole game." He threw down the bat, told me "I am not a ball player, I am an artist and a musician" and went inside to watch Tom and Jerry.
G is not a quitter.. I will have a ballplayer by this time next year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment