Thursday, May 28, 2009

Painting

I am having my bedroom painted. It has been 8 years since it was last painted, and it was time for something fresh and new. Man disagreed, but I finally wore him down. It was not easy. He does NOT like change. And, his favorite colors are black, forest green, burgundy and navy blue. Yes, he is stuck in the 80s, and he probably isn't going to leave there any time soon. The room was painted a dark green, not forest green, but close. It is now painted Key Lime Pie and I absolutely love it. Or I will love it if the painter EVER finishes it!!!! We have the best handyman/painter in our State. I swear we do. He is extremely thorough, very neat, cleans up his messes, is not overly expensive, etc. BUT, he does not show up when he says he will. He was supposed to start painting EIGHT weeks ago. I picked out the color, called him to give him the paint number, and he said he had to call me back. Three weeks later, he called me to get the paint color. He said he would start the job the next week. That was FIVE weeks ago. Out of the blue, he calls Tuesday of this week and says he is on his way to my house to paint. He had two helpers. They primed it and got the first coat of paint on in less than 4 hours. He told me he would finish it that night, or first thing yesterday morning. DID NOT HAPPEN! I texted him at 1:00 yesterday, he called me and said he was in an important meeting, but he would finish the job yesterday. I went home after work, job NOT finished and Painter is nowhere in sight. I started doing laundry and cleaning the stuff I could clean, like blinds, windows, ceiling fan, light fixture, base boards, etc. STILL no painter. After I did everything I could, without being able to put my bedroom back together (we are sleeping upstairs because we cannot get in our bed because all the furniture is pushed to the middle of the room), I proceeded to blow off the deck and water a few plants. Still no painter. So, I painted my toes, put a color on my hair, waxed my eyebrows, and then got in the shower to finish hair color. As I am rinsing, dogs go berserk.. HUGE indication someone is at the door. Man is not home. I get out of shower, throw on PJs, wrap hair in towel, go to door... PAINTER HAS ARRIVED AT 8:15 P.M.!!!!! I open door, inform him he is on my shit list, he says he is sorry and asks can he start painting at 8:15 P.M.. Of course I said yes. Who knows when he might come back!!! He goes in bedroom, closes door, starts painting and I don't see him for the rest of the evening. He knows I am pissed. I usually offer him a beer when is working at my house, but I was not in the mood to share my beer last night for some reason, and I was about out and didn't want to go to the store in my PJs, no make-up and with freshly dyed, wet hair. Man comes home at 10:00, wakes me from nap on the couch, and tells me to go upstairs to bed. I inform him Painter is there, and he says he will stay up with him. Painter leaves at 10:45. Job still NOT FINISHED!!!!

Man said Painter said he would be back early this morning. I left my house at 6:15 for a trip to Wal-Mart, and guess who is not there! Not sure what qualifies as early to Painter. I will do a discreet drive-by at lunch to see if he is there.

I don't know if Cappy's Jiffy Mart has enough beer to get me through another night of this drama!

1 comment: