Friday, June 12, 2009

And, it's too late to do anything about it.... Sigh..

The other night I was doing a few things around the house while Man was checking his email, and surfing the internet. All of a sudden I realized he was no longer on the computer or in his regular spot (the sofa) when he is not on the computer. I assumed he went to the bathroom and didn't give it much more thought. A little while later I made a pass by the bedroom and he was in bed watching The Andy Griffith Show (his favorite show of all times). I guess he was exhausted from checking his email and all that channel flipping he does on a regular basis. I asked him if something was wrong and he said no, he was just ready for bed, and to bed he went, at 8:20 P.M. He did not do one single thing either before he went to bed. He didn't put the trash out, I did. He didn't close the garage, I did. He didn't let the dogs out, I did. He didn't re-fill their water bowls, I did. He didn't turn off one single solitary light, not even the ones in the bedroom that were on. I guess he intended to sleep with the lights on. He didn't even lock the doors to secure the house for the night, I did. I also made a pass with the swiffer vaccum, straightend the den, picked up his shoes from under the coffee table, unloaded the dishwasher, put up some laundry, checked the outside fountains to make sure they had plenty of water, and turned off all the lights that were on, incide and out. Then I went to the bedroom and told him I wanted to trade places with him for a day. He thought that was funny. He would be unable to function. I have learned to pick my battles. He has ALWAYS been this way, and I am pretty sure it's too late to do anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment