Thursday, June 18, 2009

Last Weekend

The grandkids are getting ready to go spend a week with their dad... and I am sad!!! I am going to miss them so much.! I am working on a list of things to do while they are gone so I can keep myself occupied.

Since the kids are going to be gone for a week, we told them we would do fun stuff a couple of nights this week. They wanted to go back to the pool Tuesday afternoon and order pizza for dinner, to be delivered to the pool, and we did. We invited the friends to come back, and it was a great evening, except BK stepped off the bottom step into the 3 feet of water, but she was ok with it, and BT was walking around the edge of the pool and slipped and fell in head first in 4 feet of water. He can stand up in 3 feet, but 4 feet is just over his head. Since we know he doesn't handle things like this very well, Daughter and I were in the water before his feet went under. He immediately said he was going back to the baby pool, and he did for about 2 minutes. He didn't walk around the edge of the pool anymore, but he did get back in the 3 feet section and was fine.

Today I am picking them up from school and going to get snowcones. They don't just want to get a snowcone, they want to sit outside where it is 95 degrees in the shade and eat the snowcone and people watch. And yes, I do it. Then we are going back my house to cookout, and play in the little pool I keep for them on my deck. BK loves to do the cannonball in this pool. She also loves to take her clothes off and swim. She is very comfortable with her figure right now. I hope she always feels this comfortable in her skin..

And, I baked them a cake. BT says it is the best cake he has ever had. Not sure that is a compliment since I don't recall him eating a lot of cake in his lifetime, but I will take it as a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment