Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Weekend..

We spent Saturday at the pool with the grandkids. The only bad thing is, when we go with the kids, I only get sun on one side so I can watch them. I could turn over, and get comfortable, since I am sure they would not drown in the 30 seconds it would take me to get up, tie my top back on and pull them out of the water, but BT worries we are not doing our job unless we are sitting on the edge of the pool, or sitting upright in a chair watching them every second. We DO watch them carefully, but they are in 2 feet of water, and I really don't anticipate either of them going under and being unable to get up in water that shallow. And, when BT did get in the big pool (with his ring, even though I have spent over $600.00 for three two-week sessions of swim lessons for him alone), and convinced his sister to sit on the steps in the big pool, he told us we were not doing our job because she was going up and down the steps and might fall in. I tried reassure him she would not drown before we could get to her, but he was not convinced for some reason.

And, he got fried at the pool. We put sunscreen on both of them religiously, and the redheaded kid that he is got fried. This was a first. He wanted the emergency spray, also known as Solarcaine. And they both stayed with me Saturday night so I pulled an all-nighter as his personal nurse for part of the night, and dealing with a 2 1/2 year old that would not stay in bed unless I was in there with her. I finally took her upstairs and slept with her so we could both get some sleep. I felt like I was dealing with a newborn! I had to have a nap later in the day which is very unusual for me. I don't usually get still long enough to fall asleep, except at night when I watch TV. And no, I am not getting old..

No comments:

Post a Comment