Friday, June 12, 2009

I just don't get it....

Daughter, several of her friends and myself are giving an engagement shower for one of their friends next weekend. Daughter and I are in charge of getting everything together since we think we are way thriftier than everyone else, and we can do whatever we want if we are "in charge." I went to Sam's today to get the majority of the food for the party, and I was making really good time until I got to the checkout line. Sam's is a lot like Walmart, tons of registers, very few people working them. Lines were long, people were mumbling (not me) and I was texting Daughter about the lines. Texting Daughter doesn't count as mumbling. Finally a new register opened and I was third in line behind a lady who had only clothes, and another lady who had gone to Sam's to buy two bags of cheese cubes. Not sure I would do that, BUT whatever floats your boat. Maybe she didn't have anything else to do. I just don' t know. Anyway, it was looking like moving to the new shorter line was a smart choice, but not always the case, and in this instance, it turned out NOT to be!!! I should have stayed in the line behind the two ladies that had two flatbed carts loaded to the gills. They could hardly push them, they had so much stuff on them. They left before I did. The lady in my line with the clothes, was hoping that everything she had was on "sale." There is no "sale" at Sam's. There is sometimes a "CLEARANCE," at Sam's but no "sale." She had several articles of clothing, which she had the cashier scan, tell her the price, and then she talked over with her two friends whether or not to get each item. She did this on E-V-E-R-Y piece of clothing. It was unreal. I wanted to tell her she was shopping at SAM'S, NOT NEIMAN MARCUS!!! I was glad I was not with Daughter or Man. They would have made a scene. Not me though. I just blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment