Monday, March 16, 2009

Busy, but productive weekend...

Daughter was having some work done at her house for the past week or so, and it is FINALLY finished!!! Or at least the contractor is gone. We plan to put the final touches on it tonight in the way of paint. Hopefully, 4 hours of painting will finish it and things can get back to normal. Cleaning up sheetrock dust sucks! I think she is pleased, at least for now, with the improvements made, but she is one of those people who loves a project. And, while she did get some of that "disorder" from me, her projects always seem to take longer, and she gets tired of the final result way quicker than I do. I can leave things the same way for years. She is more of a "same way for months" girl, and then she is ready for change.

We did go to a garden show this weekend, and she got some ideas for her yard. She ended up buying and planting 46 plants yesterday, all by herself. She went and got them, dug the holes, and planted every one of them, BY HERSELF... If you had known her before she had children, you would have NEVER believed she would ever have anything that she had to keep alive... not a pet, not a plant, nothing!!!! For some strange reason she wanted a hummingbird feeder in her single days, and I bought her one... I also filled it up and hung it for her. I even made her a batch of hummingbird juice so that all she had to do was rinse the feeder out and refill it. It N.E.V.E.R. happened. Not by her anyway. I would refill it when I would run by her apartment, but she NEVER did it. I don't allow her to tease the hummingbirds anymore by hanging a feeder that will never have fuel for their little bodies.

Anyway, she has come a long way since those days. I love that girl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment