Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Hump Day...

I love the middle of the week. It means I am almost to the end of the week, and can work in the yard, play with the grandkids DURING THE DAY, and cook on the grill. I know you are not supposed to wish your time away, but I love the weekends.. especially Friday afternoons for some reason.

My niece's birthday is this weekend and we are cooking out for her Friday night. For the most part if her birthday gets celebrated by family members, I am the one who puts something together. As a rule, she will call me and ask me what we are doing for her birthday. Last year she was out of town and we didn't do anything, but this year, we are going to celebrate her turning 24. Her requests were simple: burgers, 7 layer mexican dip, some "adult" beverages, etc. I can handle all of that. It will be a small gathering of family and a few of her friends. I am looking forward to it.

I have a brand new grill and I am anxious to cook on it. Man and I are going to give it a trial run tonight to get any kinks worked out prior to the weekend. I prefer cooking on gas. Daughter prefers charcoal. I used to try to cook on charcoal, but I could never get the coals to stay hot until the food was done. So, I am a hardcore gas grill girl! And, I am pretty dang good, if I do say so myself. There is nothing I won't try to grill, but I probably cook more chicken than anything. My recipe is simple and it always gets consumed. Two of my favorite things to cook with are Moore's Sauce (or Dale's) and Italian dressing. You just can't go wrong with either of these and they work on everything. Anyway, I will be grilling in less than 2 hours, and having an "adult" beverage.. ;~

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment