Monday, March 23, 2009

Daughter's Surprise Was the Best Ever!!!!

Daughter's birthday was this past Thursday and she chose to spend it with a bunch of friends sitting out on the reservoir, which was fine by me. Man and I made a brief appearance and then left. But, the best was yet to come on Friday, and she had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA!!!!! This had been in the planning for quite a while. Two of her childhood friends contacted me several, several weeks ago and wanted to surprise Daughter for her birthday. I was thrilled!!! It had been two years since we had seen them, and for one of them, Daughter was the surprise guest at her baby shower. It was time for payback, and it was HUGE! The friends arrived at about 3:00 this past Friday afternoon and we were sitting on the deck with a cool adult beverage when Daughter walked outside and realized who was there. And, if I had put my camera battery in the right way, it all would have been documented and you would be looking at pictures. But, I didn't so it is just committed to my memory and that of her friends. There will be pictures, but not of Daugher's mouth falling open when she first saw them. They had a great time, and when they left, Daughter was sad, and wished she had "just one more day" with them. But, on the bright side, we will see them again in a few weeks at a friend's wedding. We can't wait!

I have not had to work that hard to get ready for something in a very long time. I was keeping my household up and running, and trying to help Daughter finish numerous projects around her own house prior to the surprise guest arriving, and all without ever letting on to Daughter why we needed to hurry up and finish the projects. I FINALLY just said enough was enough for now, and we will do the rest later. A couple of hours before the guest arrived at my house, I even went to Daughter's house, made her bed, dusted one last time, turned on all the lamps, etc., just like she would do if she knew guest were coming. It was funny when she finally realized why I had been pushing her so hard for the last two weeks to finish everything.

I kept the grandkids all weekend so their mom could spend some time with friends she doesn't see often enough, and we had a blast. We went to the park, then got snowcones, then rode battery operated vehicles until they died, played in a large pot of water on the deck since we have not made our annual purchase of a swimming pool yet, ate lunch while we watched boats on the reservoir, ordered pizza, etc. They love to be outside and I try to take advantage of that on pretty days like we had this past weekend. I don't want them to ever be bored with G!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment