Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"This is the Best Day of My Life"

Daughter is working late this week so I am picking up the kids from daycare so they won't be the last ones there in the afternoons. Yesterday after I picked them up, we went to the park. We watched the ducks, looked for baby ducks, and found them, played on the swings, slides, monkey bars, etc. Then we got on the tire swings. BT and BK got on one tire swing together and absolutely loved it. After swinging for about 10 minutes, BT announced "G, this is the best day of my life." I almost cried. On a sunny afternoon in March, BT is having the best day of his life as he swings on a tire swing at the local park. I hope he always finds such happiness in the simple things in life.

And, he wants a tire swing at his house.. I told him I would talk to mama about that one. He wanted to know where we could get a big tire. I told him I had some ideas. :)

BK on the other hand, in attempting to do EVERYTHING her big brother does, such as laying across the swing seat on her stomach and pretending she is an airplane.. she didn't adjust her weight accordingly, and landed face first in the sand, with her mouth open. She actually handled it really well, and she learned to adjust her weight better so she didn't fall head first into the sand again.. She did vent a little bit by whacking the swing a couple of times since it obviously tossed her head first into the sand. She brushed herself off, and decided to slide for a while instead. She is a funny kid. Not everybody can laugh at what she does, but I can. I raised one just like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment