Friday, March 27, 2009

Looking forward to the weekend...

I am so ready for this weekend. The week went by relatively fast, especially since I was off most of last week getting ready for Daughter's surprise guests. This week has been pretty quiet, and not nearly as busy as the past couple of weeks. Of course, it is has also rained a lot this week, with some really bad weather in these parts, and more is expected tonight. I am hoping it clears up by noon tomorrow because there is a GREAT crawfish boil that we go to annually, and I don't want it to get rained out. It is a two day event, but I would really like to go tomorrow.

The grandkids are gone this weekend, and once again, I am sad about that. I hate not seeing them for three days at a time. We took them to eat pizza last night at a restaurant where you can sit outside and eat. I am not saying they are bad in restaurants, but they are definitely better when you can sit outside with them. People don't seem to mind them wandering around and talking loudly so much when we are sitting outside. Know what I mean?! BT also requested we walk around a lake near the restaurant at least once, and I had on high heels. But, I did it. I think this counts as exercise, even in high heels.

And speaking of exercise, I started a workout regime this week. A friend at work told me about a program on Comcast Movies on Demand called the Red Carpet Workout, and I love it. It only takes 20 minutes and believe me, it works your parts.. In my case, some that have NEVER been worked before. Yesterday I could hardly move. Seriously... Today I feel much better and will probably be able to give it a go again today. I feel much better when I exercise, but I am usually willing to sacrifice that to spend time with the grandkids. Isn't playing with the grandkids considered exercise? :) Surely I can find 20 minutes a day, or at least every other day, to do this. My body certainly needs it, and when I go for my yearly check up next month, I can FINALLY tell my doctor I am "exercising" instead of asking if having a gym membership counts as exercise. All I really want is to not "jiggle" anymore. You know what I mean?!!! I got some parts that kind of jiggle and I DO NOT like that at all.

Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment