Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Painting...

Well, the painting is still yet to be finished. As amateur painters, we started out with really bad paint brushes, and apparently that is the key to a satisfactory paint job. So, Daughter ran to Ace Hardware, because it was closer than Lowe's, and bought two expensive paint brushes and we moved forward. What should have been two coats of paint on the front and back doors will now require a third coat because the first coat was put on with BAD brushes. Tonight we will finish the painting, at least for now. All the trim needs to be painted, but that will just have to be an ongoing project until it is complete. For now, I want a break from painting. I painted all of her bathroom cabinets, and trim in the master bath, and the trim and door in the kids/guest bath. Painting with oil base paint is very slow, but it covers better than the other options. Anyway, it is amazing what a coat of paint will do.. Everything is looking fresh and clean, and the Daughter with OCD was pleased with that for sure.

I am taking off the rest of the week, after today, to do some things around my own house, and do a few things around Daughter's house too. She has not yet developed "patience" and wants everything done RIGHT NOW, unless it interferes with an invitation to a crawfish boil or cookout. :) I told her I would dedicate a few hours to her yard and house one day this week while I am off. The kids are coming home Friday and our main projects need to be completed by then. We want it to be all about them when they get home after being gone for NINE days!!! I am very blessed in that I get to see them every day. I love it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome information and thanks for sharing this information.
    Discount Kitchen Cabinets Davie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for giving us such kind of handy content which will be most useful to me as well as others.Kitchen contractor

    ReplyDelete