Monday, April 20, 2009

BT Day

For whatever reason, BT believed he should have a day that was just all about him this past week. Apparently he brought it up to Daughter earlier in the week, and he did not forget about it. His idea of a "BT Day" is a day at the office with "my G"... I wasn't sure I could make this happen last week, and probably didn't need to make it happen, but I gave it up and did it. He didn't want to go to school at all Friday, and called me crying Friday morning when he found out he would have to go for a little while, but I promised him if he would give me a few hours at work without him, I would come get him by 10. After much conversation, and several assurances that he would indeed get to go to my office, he was fine with only going to school for a couple of hours. His class was outside riding their bikes when I pulled up and he started dancing in the parking lot when he saw me round the corner. He made sure we were not getting his sister too. How can you have a "BT day" if she tags along?!! Believe me when I tell you, you can't. Anyway, he ran a couple of office errands with me, and then we headed to the office. He is actually very good when he gets to spend time at my office. He will draw, hang rubber bands on my office plant, play Elmo games on my computer, etc. while I do other things, etc. He is easily entertained and very well behaved, especially when his sister is not around. Per his request, we had McDonald's for lunch, but only after confirming the toy was worth having. At the end of the work day, we went to Walmart, and after much consideration, picked out a ball with water and glitter inside as our "toy of the day." We also purchased 3 new fly swatters shaped like butterflies and suns, and called them magic wands. He already had one shaped like a sun, and he wanted to get a matching set for his sister. He never leaves her out when he is getting something for himself. When we got back to my house, he sat in the floor with Man and rolled the ball back and forth and told me "G, this has been a wonderful BT day." And it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment