Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hot Flashes

Yep, I am having hot flashes.. for about 2 years now. They come and go. I started out having them once or twice at night, 3 or 4 nights a week, and then they stopped. When they came back, they were happening 2 or 3 times each night for several weeks and then they stopped. About 6 months ago, I started having them several times a night, EVERY FREAKING NIGHT!!! I can actually deal with the hot flashes themselves, but the fact that they wake me up out of a sound sleep is the problem. I have trouble going back to sleep, and if I do go back to sleep, a new flash will wake me again. The past month has been a real B&^%H!.... I am sleeping about 4 or 5 hours a night. No kidding.. I am not a night owl. I am almost always in bed, sound asleep, by 9:30 at the latest, and this usually includes weekend nights as well. But the hot flashes are on a timer and they have been waking me at 2:27 A.M. every night for almost a month now, and I am unable to go back to sleep.



Man a/k/a Husband watched some TV show with a panel of doctors the other day and he said THEY said women should take hormones short term (NOT HAPPENING) and the hot flashes will go away because they ONLY LAST A FEW MONTHS!!! I asked him if the doctor was a male because surely no female doctor believes this crap. MY HOT FLASHES HAVE BEEN GOING ON FOR TWO YEARS!!!! They also recommended exercise (I do), take calcium (I do), drink lots of water (I do), no caffeine (I seldom drink anything with caffeine, if ever... no coffee, tea, soft drinks), etc. Man is very sympathetic about the hot flashes, but for some reason he believes I should try hormones.. NOT worth the risk in my opinion. I am hoping I grow out of it. SOON!


And, my mother NEVER had a hot flash! Wonder why I didn't inherit THAT from her instead of her flat booty and skinny legs?!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment