Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spray Paint

I know my neighbors are really wondering about me these days.. I have been on a mission lately to re-use a lot of what I have on my deck, and re-vitalize it at the same time. We have a huge deck, that started out very small, and has been added on to a couple of times. It is a great place to sit in the evenings, with a fire in the chimanea, or a steak on the grill, and have a cold adult beverage. My family and friends know what I am talking about. Anyway, instead of buying a lot of new accessories (we bought new furniture last year), I have decided that most of what I have just needs a fresh coat of paint and that will make it all new again. I have spray painted flower pots, the grandkids table and chairs, some concrete critters, and few pieces of wrought iron. I have done the same thing with items sitting outside my front door. And, I spray it all in the street in front of my house so I don't, you know, get paint on MY grass. I do put newspaper down when I spray paint, but there is always that dang overspray that gets you.. Right now, the street in front of my house is brown, bronze and teal, with a blacktop backdrop. I get a "look" from the neighbor next door everytime she has to drive past my house to get to her house. She isn't overly fond of us anyway, so me painting the street only adds to her frustrations. It can't be helped. I am on a mission. My deck will look its best ever this year!!! By the end of next week, I will be done with the spray paint, and most of the planting. When I learn how to download pictures from my camera to my laptop, I will post some pictures so I can look at them during the day... while I am supposed to be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment