Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Weekend...

Man and I had a very pleasant, and quiet weekend. Grandkids were gone, and when they are gone, I don't see as much of Daughter. Saturday, Man and I ran some errands, walked through a couple of outdoor furniture stores and then went to a local place called AJ's for ALL YOU CAN EAT CRAWFISH for only $12.00 a person. We sat outside overlooking the lake, enjoyed the cool breeze, the bounty, and I enjoyed a few adult beverages! And then I went home and took a nap.. and then later, I went to eat Mexican food cuz everyone knows crawfish doesn't fill you up. But the Mexican food sure did...



I also did some cleaning this weekend. I am on one of those cleaning missions I get on every now and then. And, my mother and three nieces are coming this weekend, and not that any of them would EVER notice any cleaning I have done, just knowing they are coming simply gives me the incentive I need to take care of a few things.... like cleaning around the bottoms of the toilets, and cleaning out some cabinets, and straightening the closets.. Hopefully they won't go through my cabinets or closets, but if they do, they will definitely notice how neat they are.. :) Yep, I feel sure they will notice these things.. especially the almost 4 year old..



Actually, I think the only thing they will notice is that Man had our 2 Bradford Pear trees cut down yesterday. I was kind of sad. I don't like getting rid of trees, unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. He said we needed to get rid of them so the grass would grow. I don't understand. He hates cutting the grass so why not leave the trees?! They eliminated the need for him to spend much time cutting the grass. Not that he EVER spends more than 45 minutes cutting, edging and blowing off the driveway. EVER!!! Not in the 10 years we have lived in our house has he had to spend more than 45 minutes in the yard each week. BUT, now that the trees are gone, that may change!!! We should know by this time next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment