Monday, April 6, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt...

We had an egg hunt for the grandkids this weekend because they will be spending Easter with their other grandparents this coming weekend. We had a GREAT time. The Easter Bunny came while the kids were very impatiently waiting on the two adults to hide the eggs. We hid (and I use that word very loosely since it looked like they simply stood at the back door and threw them out in the yard) 200 hundred eggs for FOUR children under 5 years old! That's what happens when communcation is lacking amongst the adults about who is to provide the eggs. We did dye 10 real eggs just for the "experience." And, it was just that. Dye and a 2 year old is not a good mixture.. Dye and a 5 year old was a real test since he would only wait approximately 3 seconds before checking and re-checking to see if the eggs had reached the perfect shade of yellow, blue, green, purple and red. Finally, we had to quit because it was way past bathtime and we didn't want them to miss bedtime for sure! I was whipped. And, BT wanted to stay with me since he NEVER gets to come to my house.. Really? I was thinking just the opposite! :)

Saturday morning they were beside themselves to get the festivities started. Grandkids and their cousins played really well together and had a great time. By the time everything was over, BK was so tired, and after adamantly refusing to lay down and rest, she finally got out of my lap and went inside on her own and layed down on the sofa and went to sleep while watching "Cat in a Cat"... That is what she calls it, and she probably holds the world record for watching one movie over and over.. BT decided he needed to go home with me AGAIN, and he did, AGAIN... And, I was so glad he did because otherwise, I would have missed another great infomercial. This one is for a toothpaste holder that attaches to your wall.. Just what I always wanted... a tube of toothpaste hanging upside down on my wall.. Yep, always wanted that for sure!!!.. And as BT so conveniently pointed out to me, "Look G, no more mess, AND, it comes in GOLD!!! " YIPPEE!!!

Sunday, BK stayed with us all day while her mom took her brother shopping for shoes and to a late afternoon birthday party. The party ran late and BK ended up spending the night with us. We took her to the park in the early afternoon and we let her play long and hard in hopes she would take a long nap, and she did. Later we were watching the country music awards, and I do include her in the "we".. She was mesmerized by Taylor Swift and after she sang, she turned around and looked at me and said "I like her."

It was great weekend, and today, I am at work, resting..

No comments:

Post a Comment